Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Exam 4 - CP155
CT155 Guide 4
1. The Advanced Options Menu is accessed by pressing the F2 key when Windows first starts to load.
2. Runas.exe is used to run a program using different permissions than those assigned to the currently logged-on user.
3. By default, Windows 2000/XP automatically restarts immediately after it encounters a system failure.
4. A stop error is an error so drastic it causes Windows to hang or lock up.
5. The Windows 2000 Emergency Repair Process restores the system to the state it was in when the last full backup was made.
6. During startup, the ____ loads the OS boot sector from the active partition and runs the program in this boot sector.
Answer: MBR program
7. During startup, the ____ launches Ntldr.
Answer: Boot sector program
8. Ntldr changes the processor from real mode to ____ flat memory mode.
9. ____ is a 16-bit real mode program that queries the computer for time and date and surveys hardware.
10. ____ is the virtual memory swap file.
11. The Advanced Options Menu is accessed by pressing the ____ key when Windows first starts to load.
12. Boot logging logs events to the ____ file to investigate the source of an unknown startup error.
13. ____ is used to gain access to a file when permissions to the file are in error or corrupted.
14. ____ is used with an NTFS file system to display and change the compressions applied to files and folders.
15. When you load Windows 2000/XP in Safe Mode, all files used for the load are recorded in the ____ file.
16. When you boot with the ____ option, Windows 2000/XP loads normally and you access the regular desktop; however, all files used during the load process are recorded in a file,
Answer: Enable Boot Logging
17. You should use the ____ option for booting if your video drivers are corrupted and you need to update, rollback, or reinstall your video drivers.
Answer: Enable VGA Mode
18. The ____ is a command-driven operating system that does not use a GUI.
Answer: Recovery Console
19. The ____ command of the Recovery Console displays or changes the current folder.
20. The ____ command of the Recovery Console sets the current directory to the directory where Windows 2000/XP is installed.
21. Tasks scheduled to launch at startup are placed in the ____ folder.
22. Windows 2000/XP stores all installed fonts in the ____ folder.
23. The Windows XP ____ can be used to temporarily disable startup services and other programs and help you find the one causing a problem.
Answer: System Configuration Utility
24. To restore a system using the ASR backup, you begin by booting from the Windows XP setup CD and then you press ____ when a message appears asking you to do so.
25. A(n) ____ upgrade installs Windows over the existing installation.
26. In the Recovery Console, you enter the command ____ to see a list of all services currently installed, which includes device drivers.
27. Identify the letter of the choice that best matches the phrase or definition.
7. Program Compatibility Wizard
8. Safe Mode
A. The Windows 2000/XP boot strap loader program
B. A hidden text file that contains information about installed OSs on the hard drive
C. Hardware abstraction layer
D. Windows core component program
E. Loads the Windows desktop with a minimum configuration
F. Used to stop or start a service that runs in the background
G. Responsible for loading an OS other than Windows 2000/XP
H. Intermediating service to executive services; provides many support functions
I. Used to resolve issues that prevent legacy software from working in Windows XP
Correct Answer: A:1, B:3, C:5, D:2, E:8, F:9, G:4, H:6, I:7